The Pangu 9 jailbreak team has finally unleashed its Mac version of untethered jailbreak for iOS 9 with Pangu 9 1.1. Mac users no longer have to use Windows Virtual Machine to jailbreak iOS 9 on Mac OS X. Pangu 9 is a free untethered jailbreak tool for all iOS 9 compatible devices and it works on any Windows or Mac OS X computer.
The Pangu 9 Mac tool (v1.1.0) also compatible with all iOS 9 versions including iOS 9, iOS 9.0.1 and iOS 9.0.2 like Pangu 9 Windows tool. However, Pangu9 not support for latest iOS 9.1 Jailbreak so users cannot use Pangu 9 for Jailbreak iOS 9.1
Pangu 9 is supported on the following iOS devices
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 6G, iPod touch 5G
Download Pangu 9 for free to your Windows or Mac computer
How to jailbreak iOS 9 with Pangu 9 Jailbreak on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Download Pangu 9 Jailbreak for Windows or Mac
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your PC using USB cable.
- Back up your important data and settings via iTunes or iCloud
- Disable Passcode by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and then turn off Find my iPhone feature from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone. Finally, turn on Air Plane mode on your device
- Launch Pangu 9 Jailbreak you downloaded earlier in step 1. If an error message saying: “Pangu9 can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer”, appears on the screen, then just right click on the Pangu9 icon, and select Open in the menu options. Finally, click on Open button.
- Wait until Pangu9 recognizes your device and then click on the Start-button.
- Hit Already Backup button to continue with the iOS 9 jailbreak process.
- Once the iOS 9 jailbreak progress bar reaches 55%, your device will automatically reboot.
- When the Pangu9 progress reaches 65%, you will see a prompt to unlock your device and enable Airplane mode again.
- Once the status bar reaches 75%, Pangu9 will prompt you to unlock your device and run the Pangu app again. Open the Pangu app from the Home screen or if the app is missing then try searching your device for “Pangu”. Wait until the device is successfully jailbroken and you now uninstall WWDC and Pangu apps one by one.
- In the next screen prompt, you need to click the Accept button on your iOS device in order to access to the Photos app. Then select Allow on the ensuing popup message-box to allow Pangu to access your devices Photos.
- Let the iOS 9 jailbreak progress complete and then your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will reboot automatically.
- After the device is rebooted, the Pangu9 tool will tell you that your device is “Already Jailbroken”. At this moment, the Cydia icon should appear on the last page of home screen on your device. Disable AirPlane mode before Open Cydia. Cydia will take some time while preparing file system when it is launched it will exit the setup preparation and respring your device.